Marina di Ragusa - port of Marina
A few kilometers from Ragusa to the south, facing the African sea, there is Marina di Ragusa, the ancient Mazzarelli, Arabic name which means "small village".
Fishing village, caricatoio to embark as the hinterland Ragusa was produced and exported carob, cereals, etc. caciocavalli., was equipped with a watchtower and defense against pirate raids in the sixteenth sec.marina of ragusa
But the real development Mazzarelli start 'around 1870 when Ragusa opened the first mines of asphalt, after extraction, was transported by hundreds of carters to caricatoio and' exported them and intended to pave the roads around the world: Paris, Berlin, London, Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Beijing, etc ..
The expansion continues from the '60s when Marina di Ragusa become a holiday resort. Equipped with wide beaches with fine golden sand, it has excellent accommodation and leisure facilities, good public rooms and newly built marina. Today is an important reference point for those who want to spend a beach holiday.